Not only does healthy green grass look beautiful, improve the appearance of your property and add value to your home, it’s of great benefit to the environment:
- The average, healthy, 50-square-foot lawn provides enough oxygen to meet the daily needs of a family of four.
- Weed-free lawns remove pollutants from the air, preventing erosion from wind and water so as to save precious topsoil.
- Grass also reduces glare and provides effective cushioning for sports and other outdoor activities.
- Lawns absorb rainfall up to six times more effectively than farm fields, returning water to the water table so it can be used again.
- Grass also has a natural cooling effect. Eight average-size lawns provide the cooling power of about 70 tons of air conditioning (more than 20 home air-conditioning units).
- Grasses decrease undesirable noise levels by about 25 percent.
Besides creating a beautiful environment, healthy lawns are a vital, life-giving, part of our world. Proper lawn care will improve our quality of life and the cleanliness of our world.